"Forget not that the earth
delights to feel your bare feet and
the winds long to play with your hair."
~Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Taking the Plunge

Last of the Hydrangea blooms

Funky mushrooms
      Recently, I changed my camera setting from the easy-going automatic setting to manual.  I felt it was time get away from doing things "easy" and try what I had been dreading.  I took the plunge into manual-use of my camera and I have to say that I will never go back to automatic ever again!
      So, I grabbed my camera and went outside any chance I got.  It was amazing how different my photos were straight out of the camera.  I had so many different options and could make the photos look how I wanted.  It was quite the revelation.




 Above is my 2.5 year old son, who loves firemen!  He had just gotten his fireman Halloween costume- he wore it all evening.  What a perfect time to play with my camera!  He willingly, and unwillingly at times, sat and let me click away.  This was the longest he has ever sat for me. 


We have 6, yes I said 6, cats running around our house at all times.  (Orion, Iris, Little Man, Ky Ky, Dexter, and Tawley)  They are always under foot and are always up for being photographed.  This posed more of a challenge for me as the cats wouldn't sit still and my photos were blurring (still trying to figure out how to get motion shots to not be blurry).

Iris

Dexter

Tawley-Man

Ky Ky

Orion

Dexter
Little Man is missing since he hides most of the time due to a very loud 2.5 year old. 
I am looking forward to taking even more photos and practicing using light in my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment