"Forget not that the earth
delights to feel your bare feet and
the winds long to play with your hair."
~Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Photography

Photography

Darkness.

Sadness.

My life held very little meaning.

All-consuming pain.

Fear and anger enveloped me.

I was drowning in life itself.

Words floated in my head;

they anchored my heart in sadness.

The pain swallowed me whole;

I fell into an abyss.

The water slowly

whirling around and around,

a vortex swallowing me whole,

until all sense of reality was gone.

Alone.

In the dark.

Suffocating.

The dark liquid slowly oozing through all orifices.

Choking.

Gagging.

Losing air.

Losing life.

Losing everything.

Slowly it seeped into my lungs ,

spreading deep and ugly,

taking away my life.

Drowning in sadness;

drowning in fear;

drowning in anger;

drowning in life.

My lungs began to quiver,

My light, growing ever dimmer.

Sinking farther into the abyss;

I was gone.

****************************************************************

1 Click:
I begin my ascent.

2 Clicks:
The light is far, but attainable.

3 Clicks:
Bubbles of life burst.

4 Clicks:
Hope invades me..

5 Clicks:
Old memories become compartmentalized; there, but distant.

6 Clicks:
The surface just out of reach.

7 Clicks:
Fear, Anger, Pain cling on for dear life.

8 Clicks:
Love & Life are waiting; I see them now.

9 Clicks:
I break the surface and breath.

10 Clicks:
I choose life.

No comments:

Post a Comment